Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Will you love me through?

"When you’re weak, I’ll be strong
When you let go, I’ll hold on
When you need to cry, I swear that I’ll be there to dry your eyes
When you feel lost and scared to death,
Like you can’t take one more step
Just take my hand, together we can do it
I’m gonna love you through it."

Someone, somewhere needs you. They don't need you to do anything. They don't need you to say anything. They just need you to love them through it. Whether it is death, cancer, addiction or just a bad day.

And you do it in the most simple of ways. The easiest? Listen. Let us talk. Let us spill our guts. Let us step out of the silence and shed some light on why our hearts hurt. Yes, it is that simple.

Another easy way? Share stories with us. I personally, love to hear Aidan stories. I got two very special ones tonight that made me smile.

First, Mika went through the Walgreens pharmacy line. The young lady that handed her her prescriptions handed them to her with an Aidan band on. Mika doesn't know this person. I'm not entirely sure that I do. But, how wonderful to know that Aidan's story has gone that far. Our little boy is making an impact. And, it's because you love him like you love us.

Second, Em met a very special little boy today. Em works for an orthodontist and this little boy is their patient. He noticed her Aidan band today and a magical conversation was started. He wanted to know what her special bracelet was for. She got to share Aidan with this little boy. At the end of her story, he shared his own special bracelet. A bracelet that is too big for his wrist so he wears it on his ankle. A bracelet for his own angel, his little brother. And this courageous child celebrated that they are together in Heaven. He wanted to know if she thought Aidan and his brother had met yet. She told him if they hadn't yet, they most certaintly would now.

I cannot even begin to tell you what these stories did for me today.

Another special path was forged today as well. Today, I met with the committee for The March for Babies/Run Before They Can Walk 5K. I am beyond honored and humbled to have been asked to join this group. I truly believe that through this Aidan's story will grow even further. Team Aidan is going to be so much more than I ever imagined. We will make a difference. Aidan's story will bring awareness and inspire hope.

It is because my heart is broken. It is because I ache to hold him again. It is because I am is his mom that I fight for the babies. But, it is because of your love that I find the strength to step forward and do it. If you are reading this, you are loving me through. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved