Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A rainy day

The rain fell finally. It's the first day I can really remember it raining since Aidan earned his wings. And as I sat here watching the rain, my tears fell in sync. I have spent so much time here lately convincing myself and everyone else that I am doing better. I think today's rain was Aidan saying its ok to cry Momma. I mean really cry. The shoulder shaking, no amount of tissue can handle, soul cleansing tears.

And then the sun came out. In all of its beauty. My child smiling down on me and saying its ok. It's ok to cry. It's ok to grieve. It's ok to miss me. Just as long as you stand back up and keep living. My angel making sure his momma keeps breathing and taking steps.

Today was a hard day. It was one of those days when each moment is more than I can bear. Thankfully, the moon has come out. I can see Aidan's star shining bright. Tomorrow is a new day. And its a day of so much for me. I get to see a family that means so much to me I gave my angel their angel's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved