Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Balloon

October 15th is the national day of awareness for pregnancy and infant loss. It is the day that we are given the opportunity to speak out, show up and support one another. Our day to not only break the silence, but to shout it from the rooftops.

In one way or another the vast majority of us have been impacted by one of these angels. Most likely, more than we realize. Whether we are friends, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents or parents we have all crossed paths with an angel. Still, it is one of the the hardest topics to discuss. It is still considered taboo. Not today. Today there were so many balloons released, in so many different places for one purpose; to acknowledge our children that are now in God's arms.

The crystal blue sky, the gentle but persistant breeze and the sound of Jesus loves me; that was my view from Kohen's Park. We looked straight into heaven as we released our balloons. Surrounded by those who have held me up these last six weeks as well as fellow angel moms. Aidan received balloons from a glacier in Alaska, a park, a front yard and a complete stranger.

It was the kind of day that made Alaska feel like home, old friends seem like not a day has passed and another angel mom feel like family. A day of peace, love and connection.

I am already planning the next one. There are so many things I want to do. So many things I have to do for Aidan. Because I can't ask why. Instead I have to work to glorify God, spread his message of hope, grow my own faith and work towards a future where one day I get to send Aidan a balloon while looking at his little brother or sister here with me.










1 comment:

  1. I love when you said, "I may not experience all of the typical Mommy things but, I have experienced the worst of them all. Loss. Everyday is a learning experience. Learning to live without Aidan," on your profile. That is so true.

    I found your blog from the Faces of Loss blog hop.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved